Friday, January 26, 2007

Buzzed midday on a Friday

I know alcoholism is a serious illness, but why did no one preach to me about the bliss of being buzzed midday on a workday? I just had lunch with my fabulous boss and am now in a state of euphoria. Good wine over lunch, good conversation. ...Sitting here at my desk is suddenly so much more enjoyable than it was a few hours ago!

Problem is, can anyone tell? I'm trying to keep quiet because I don't want to clue anyone in. I'm supposed to get on the phone and call a few folks...but will they be able to tell? Argh, what should I do?

I can count on one hand the number of times I've been buzzed at my place of work (various places). It's a bizarre thing -- I once drank the remnants of my beer after celebrating some company milestone in the lunch area, while working on my computer. It's a very fun buzz that is great because it's different from the buzzes you get while out to dinner, on vacation or partying at a bar. And also perhaps, extra good because it's somewhat taboo.

What do you think? Workplace wine at lunchtime? Would it be counterproductive or would it boost workers' energy levels because they're getting a little treat midday? I know advertising companies do it.....under the guise that it's for "entertaining the clients" (ya, right!) but I suppose it wouldn't work or be appropriate everywhere....

I'm not a drug-user but it's too bad someone can't find a natural way (I guess wine is as natural as it gets) to recreate this high.

Happy Happy Friday. I know I'm ok because every Friday isn't quite this happy!

No comments: