Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Not A Believer

So, to tackle the annoying salt stains, I gave in and bought winter boots -- the first pair of winter boots I've had since I was in grade school, I might add. I've had dress boots aplenty, but never honest-to-goodness winter boots. And I'm not sure I'm a convert, yet. Perhaps I've been dragging my feet all these years in my lighter footwear? Because spending the day feeling like I had lead weights around my ankles was really tiring. Either the heavy boots make me tired, or they make me aware that I'm tired because the dragging becomes more obvious.... I'm not sure. Either way, it's cumbersome.

I see the point of boots to an extent-- no salt stains today. And a few less slip-and-slides. But perhaps that's what keeps me on my toes -- all of these years of teetering and skating along the icy sidewalks in my own version of "all season" footwear.

Ok, I'll see if I adjust to the boots over the next few days. But I'm just not feeling it....

No comments: