Monday, January 29, 2007

Sweaters for all of DOGkind?

Older European people amuse me to no end. I can't say this blog will be about "Stupidity" because these elderly folk come from the old world and often have the cutest, most bizarre logic.
You know how people justify putting little sweaters on their toy and miniature dogs -- to keep them warm?

Well, today, I saw an Italian granny walking a German Shepherd, the latter with the longest, thickest natural coat of fur I've ever seen. The granny had dressed the dog in what looked to be a fat man's ratty old sweater with the sleeves chopped off.

It was a pretty ridiculous sight... sweater-belly sagging to the snow. I know granny's heart was there and she meant well... but it was just too funny!! And such a blatant contrast to the Guccified, accessorized and coordinated pups owned by so many young women.

No comments: